Keeping your pets safe this holiday
While we all enjoy the decorations and parties at this time of the year we need to always be aware of the dangers it may create for our pets. Some of the most important things to remember are:
- If you have a party you may want to separate your pets from the group. I know our two dogs would be licking every plate they could find!
- Make sure you don't forget about your furry friends since you will be so busy with other priorities
- Keep all medications, including any from your guests, out of reach. When my Mom stayed with us a couple of years ago our big lab when right for the meds!
- Keep yarn, ribbons and bows away from your pets. They aren't playtoys and in fact can damage their intestines.
- Be careful if you feed your pet table scraps. Some items may have strings or other packaging in it.
These are just a few of the things that come to mind. You can find more right here on BarkleyAndPaws .com if you search under holidays.